Leadership for Tomorrow
Leadership for Tomorrow is our unique four module, 12 month development programme for senior school leaders and their strategic community partners that offers a fresh approach to the issue of school improvement and raising student achievement. With its focus upon harnessing the power of the school’s communities in order to achieve these ends, it acknowledges that fundamental change and progress will only be achieved if the school is seen as one partner in this goal. Participation in the programme will not offer a quick fix but will represent a solid investment in the long-term future success of your school, its communities and its young people.
“I want to remain part of the programme and keep using the model of action research to drive improvement”.
“It’s given me confidence and clarity and a requirement to take action and stop just thinking about it”.
“Transformative for me personally in terms of clarifying my vision and its importance”.
“I’ve gained clarity in moving things forward as well as greater self-awareness and emotional intelligence, allied to a greater understanding of effective leadership and team working”.
- Clive Corbett, CEO Avonreach Academy Trust
- Ian Wigston,Bright Field Consulting
- Dr Malcolm Groves, Schools of Tomorrow
- Professor John West-Burnham
Leadership for Tomorrow offers a fresh approach to the issue of school improvement and raising student achievement. With its focus upon harnessing the power of the school’s communities in order to achieve these ends, it acknowledges that fundamental change and progress will only be achieved if the school is seen as one of numerous partners in this goal.
For that reason, although the programme is happy to work with individual school leaders who have the full support of their SLT, we strongly encourage participants to consider joining the programme in tandem with a leader from a chosen key strategic partner, whether that is another school or a crucial community or business partner. Outstanding schools secure both high levels of achievement for all and lie at the heart of their communities. There are four fundamentals of equal importance to become a School of Tomorrow of the highest quality. These fundamentals, seen in the diagram above, have each been built into the framework of the Leadership for Tomorrow Programme.
The programme, which includes two 24-hour residentials, will:
- Explore the principles and practice of collective capacity within and beyond organisations.
- Blend local knowledge and global insight to create futures planning scenarios for each participating learning community.
- Help participants use those scenarios to develop robust and sustainable development strategies.
- Build on our established inter-active pedagogy, aligning high-quality input and peer support, to create a dynamic learning and leadership framework for school and community partners.